Thursday, January 17, 2008

So that's why you always re-new your AAA membership!!!

Okay, a little "snowstorm" that wasn't went through our area today. I'm all excited to get off the shuttle bus, go right to a spin class at my local Gold's Gym, with plenty of time to beat all the resolutioners to a bike. Whoops. Big problem, my car won't start. It won't even turn over. Okay, this happened to me before, right after the holidays. I'll try in 5 minutes. Nope. Worse, my car started going bananas. Still won't start. I look at my battery, it's all corroded (sp).

When I had the issue a couple weeks ago, I decided to re-new my AAA membership so I could at least get a few miles of free towing should the battery die while I'm in the gym. That would get me to a garage. In hindsight, I never should have let it expire, because it would have made getting my car looked at just a tad more difficult than a three minute phone call and reading off my membership number to someone. The truck stopped by in the first 20 minutes of the 2 hour window. From there, I got the confirmation that I need a new battery. Oh well, the Sams Club-purchased battery lasted just about three years, right up to the warranty expiration no doubt. Three years, that's in the top ten for product functionality timeframes for products purchased at Sams/WalMart but that's besides the point.

The real point is, remember to re-new your AAA membership. I just lost a spin class. I could have lost a day or more worth of time dealing with headaches from this. And there's another spin class on Saturday I can go to, getting me back on the I wanna lose 15 pounds by the end of March wagon. AAA Plus gets you 100 miles of free towing, which could come in real handy should I ever break down near Shenandoah NP. With my old car, I wouldn't be surprised if I need that AAA Plus soon.

Next time, blog about the spin classes? Sure.

No comments: