Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Souvlaki in Vienna!

I know The Tragically Hip wrote a song called "Springtime in Vienna" which was cool. But Skorpios in Vienna is much cooler, even if it doesn't come with a State Orchestra or an opera. I know, when I left my appointment with an excellent chiropractor I needed something to eat for dinner. My friend Lisa who works at the chiropractor office recommended Skorpios. It's in a strip mall on the Eastbound side of Virginia State Route 123, near a 7-11. But that only goes to show you never know where you're going to find some great eats.

Fast, but not too fast that the quality suffers due to a rush cooking job, service, and a very good size souvlaki plate. For $8.95! The pork was very well done and tasty, the cheese was just right, as was the rice. I can't say enough good things about the place. Humble from the outside, but I'd rather sit at a just a couple simple tables, a small tv, and one stack for trays with great food than somewhere fancy but with mediocre food anytime. If you're ever in Vienna and want an excellent meal, go here. Thank me later.

So I return to blogging about restaurants in Fairfax County. No opera, no orchestra, no classical music composers. But I had a good chiropractor visit and a fantastic dinner.

No comments: