Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spur of the Moment Vegetarian Recipe #1

I rambled on a bit ago about moving to a vegetarian diet. I've made progress, with the complete transition to occur after I finish eating what I already have in my refrigerator and soup cabinet. Keeping with the not wasting food thing.

Well, I'm going to post about Spur of the Moment Vegetarian recipies that I throw together on, well, just before I start cooking. Heck, I may add ingredients when the water for the pasta is already boiling.

Tonight I am crashing at home, going to bed early, and bascially doing nothing of note. It's dreary, rainy, parts of Old Town are flooded. And on the docket for tomorrow: a 10 K race, 3 hours of cleaning out my old apartment pre-move-out inspection, yoga, and maybe some PMP studying. So I decided to throw together some pasta that will help me stay strong tomorrow. Where I want help is naming the recipe. Should we start a name that recipe game? Anyway, tonight's recipe:

- 2 small servings of pasta (I was hungry, need carbs for tomorrow, and had just finished a light workout at the fitness center).
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil EVOO!!
- 1 tablespoon of Oregano
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Pepper Seasoning

Saute everything but the pasta, (last time I tried sauteing pasta I got a grade a G, the results weren't even good enough for an F) which you cook normally. If you are not vegan, toss some parmasean on top of the pasta and toppings. Presto, a great meal that took me about 3 minutes to think of and start cooking. Heck, it took me almost as long to wash the dishes afterwards.

So, name this dish for me. And throw other vegetarian recipes my way.

No comments: