Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Letter to the Snow Lords in advance of Saturday's Half Marathon

Dear Snow Lords,

I want to share a concern with you, even if I am not very religious. You see this Saturday I am supposed to take part in a half marathon running race. The race is fine, I've been there, done that, and enjoy any race where I finish, do not get sick, or do not get injured. However, this long range weather forecast is troubling. I know that I live on the East Coast now and therefore cannot expect Senor Powderdump to visit me, but if it's going to be that damn cold and wet, please make it snow so I can enjoy my race instead of praying that it gets cancelled.

Thank you,
Me

2 comments:

maryjanejeff said...

Rain to snow, high of 39, for Saturday. Ugh. All snow please. Must. Monitor. Feels Like Index. Since that's what I actually use when deciding how to dress for a run.

maryjanejeff said...

I'm ready, pre-race pasta topped with vegetables, I'll have the appropriate clothes ready to go, bring it on weather!